Domestic Violence

If you are the victim of Domestic Abuse, you can ask the District Attorney General to file a criminal complaint. You also have the right to go to the court having jurisdiction over domestic relations and file a petition requesting an order of protection from domestic abuse, which could include the following:

  • An order restraining the abuser from further acts of abuse
  • An order directing the abuser to leave your household
  • An order preventing the abuser from harassing or stalking you or coming about you for any reason
  • An order awarding you or the other parent custody or visitation with your minor child or children
  • An order directing the abuser to pay support to you and the minor children, if the abuser has a legal obligation to do so

It is also permissible for you to make a citizens arrest of the assailant and the police will transport the assailant to jail. The police can also transport you to a safe location.

The name and phone numbers for the area crisis or domestic abuse shelter programs or immediate assistance are listed below:            

Safespace Shelter 1-800-244-5968 or (865) 453-9254
Gatlinburg Police Department (865) 436-5181
Gatlinburg Fire/Ambulance (865) 436-5112
Sevier County Sheriffs Office (865) 453-4668
District Attorney General (865) 429-7021
General Sessions Court (865) 453-6116
Leconte Medical Center (865) 453-7111
Sevier County Ambulance (865) 453-3200
Any Emergency 911

If you need Offender Custody Status and Bond Release Notification please register at the Tennessee Automated Victim Information and Notification Website or call 1-888-868-4631