City Court Clerk

The City Court Clerk handles all of the citations and arrests for municipal ordinance violations within the City of Gatlinburg. City Court is held on Wednesdays at 3:00 PM in the Council Chambers on the main floor of the Gatlinburg City Hall.


Citations can be paid:

1). In person - At the Police Department (located on the bottom level of City Hall)

2). By phone - Call the Police Department and pay with a debit/credit card

* There is a service charge for paying with a debit/credit card

3).  Pay Online at Pay Citations

4). By mail - Mail your fine to the address listed below

City Court Clerk
P.O. Box 5
Gatlinburg, TN 37738-0005


Answers to common questions:

Q: Where do we get a marriage license?
A: From the SEVIER COUNTY CLERK. Court clerks do not issue marriage licenses. Please follow this link for times and locations as well as instructions on how to obtain a marriage license and other licenses.

Q: Can I contest my case by mail?
A: No. If you wish to contest a case in the Gatlinburg City Court you must be present on the date and time indicated on your citation to be heard by the judge.

Q: I was arrested and transported to the Sevier County Jail.  Will my case be heard in the Gatlinburg City Court?
A: Only if you received a citation from the Gatlinburg Police Officer stating to be in the City Court; otherwise your case will be heard in the General Sessions Court for Sevier County.

Q: My license is suspended, what do I do?
A: If your license is currently suspended by the state of Tennessee, you MUST call the Department of Safety to determine why they are suspended. The number is 866-903-7357.  When you call, please ask the Tennessee Deprtment of Safety to provide the date of the offense, the court telephone number where the suspension originated, and any additional steps that you need to take to reinstate your license. We cannot proceed without this information.

**Please note that the Tennessee Department of Safety will mail suspension/revocation/renewal notices and all other correspondence to the address associated with your Tennessee Driver License. Mail from the Department of Safety DOES NOT forward. If you have moved and are expecting a notice from the Department of Safety you must change your address. This is also the law in the State of Tennessee**

For more information on Driver Services please follow this link