The Gatlinburg Building and Planning Department is responsible for the City's physical and socioeconomic planning, including land use review, preparation of plans and policies, and provision of technical assistance and planning information to the public, government agencies, city officials, and community boards. The Department conducts review functions associated with development activities within the City of Gatlinburg ranging from subdivision developments and Planned Unit Developments, to the issuance of permits for signs, residential dwellings and commercial developments.
The Building and Planning Department is located upstairs in Suite 4 at City Hall. The office hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m., except for observed holidays.
Our Bulidng and Planning Department Staff Includes:
- David W. Ball, Building and Planning Director
- Mark Watson, Building Official
- Penny Douglas, Executive Secretary
- Jamie Goolsby, Building Inspector I
- Spencer Carr, Building Inspector I
- Karla Smith, Administrative Support Clerk