The Building Inspection Department is located on the second floor of City Hall at 1230 East Parkway in Gatlinburg. Plan review and permit processing functions are conducted within the department. Permits need to be applied for in person during regular business hours. See submittal requirements for details.
Our Building Inspections Staff Include:
- David W. Ball, Building and Planning Director
- Mark Watson: Building Official, Commercial Inspector
- Jamie Goolsby: Building Inspector I
- Spencer Carr: Residential Inspector
- Karla Smith: Administrative Support Clerk
The field inspectors are responsible for the inspection of signage, excavation, building, plumbing, and mechanical installations. Inspection requests are taken in person at the building department office, or by phone during regular business hours. Twenty-four hour advance notice is preferred.
Building Inspections Department Contact Information
Telephone: (865) 436-7792
Fax: (865) 430-1359
All building permits are processed through MyGovernmentOnline.org.