The road repair and bridge construction project began on December 9, 2019 in the vicinity of 483 Baskins Creek Road. The improvements include the construction of a new bridge over Baskins Creek, road repairs and other specified improvements to this particular section of Baskins Creek Road. During construction, Baskins Creek Road will be closed to through traffic at the project location but will be open to local traffic. Local traffic will have limited access with 479 Baskins Creek and lower addresses accessing their properties from Cherokee Orchard Road. Baskins Creek addresses 483 and above will access their properties via Loop Road/East Parkway. The projected completion date for the project is March 3, 2020. For further information regarding this project, please call the Gatlinburg Street Department at 865-430-1370. Thank you for your patience while these repairs and improvements are being made.
City of Gatlinburg Open Burning Permit
A permit is required for open burning in the City of Gatlinburg. Burning sites must be inspected prior to burning. Permits are granted with the condition listed below:
1. Permits are available 7 days a week from 7:00 AM – 4:30 PM.
2. An adult (over 18 years of age) is present on site during the burn and stays on site until the burn is out.
3. Water or other extinguishing materials must be available on the site.
4. No gasoline, kerosene, diesel fuel, or flammable solids are to be used as an accelerant.
5. All burning must comply with State of Tennessee Air Quality Law, i.e., only untreated wood or wood waste may be burned. The issuance of the permit does not relieve the applicant of the necessity to obtain any required State permits.
6. Complaint(s) may void the permit and require extinguishment.
7. Outside city limits (in the county), call Tennessee State Forestry at (865) 429-7020.
8. Report illegal burning.